Now more than ever, we at Manifest Boston are turning to media that makes us feel hopeful and inspired versus scared and anxious. It's hard to strike a balance as the need to be informed is critical. For us, having a few places where we can still be reminded of beautiful places and friendly voices has been helpful.
If you're in need of the same medicine, take a look at some of the Instagram accounts we're following:
- Rose Kennedy Greenway: Public spaces, filled with art, nature, and happy Bostonians. Simply the best type of visual content.
- Boston Foodies: Pizza, pasta, brunch, dessert — need we say more? Tiffany Lopinsky's dining adventures remind us of all our favorite Boston-area haunts.
- Steven Watson, the Pied Dog Walker: This professional dog walker's puppy pics often appear perfectly posed in classic Boston locations and always bring a smile to our faces.
- Boston Seaport: The Seaport, or the Innovation District, is not only home to our HubWeek fall festival. It's also home to small businesses, public art, culture, and community on Boston's waterfront.
- Only in Boston: News, jokes, and public sights unique to Boston. A good reminder that we're all in this together.
Looking for even more inspiration? Check out a few of our President Jen Reddy's favorite accounts. From Jen:
- Paul Nicklen: Beautiful imagery of sea life, sea adventurers and places I hope to visit one day. Paul is an incredible human.
- Chris Burkard: If you came to the Fall Festival last year, you know how charming and talented this guy is. He is a brilliant photographer and storyteller.
- The Outbound Collective: Basically my go-to place to plan my next adventure and dream about new travel locations.
- Accidentally Wes Anderson: I have a tiny obsession with Wes Anderson and how he sees the world. This account is a beautiful "fan" account.
- Design Boom: Ideas, design, content that blows my mind and inspires new thoughts.
- For extra credit… Sheldrick Wildlife Trust — because who doesn't love baby elephants + charity!!!
If there are other accounts bringing you peace that we must see, send them our way!